Google

Share | 

How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
alex12

Anzahl der Beiträge : 274

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 14 Sep 2010, 4:01 pm

Look into the trace file !!!
Back to top Go down
dylan

Anzahl der Beiträge : 273

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 14 Sep 2010, 6:31 pm

did u import the stex.gtr and talent.gtr from gtr2 into glt?
Back to top Go down
GTAce

Anzahl der Beiträge : 75

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 14 Sep 2010, 7:45 pm

Yeah, I have both since ages.
Back to top Go down
E3G

Anzahl der Beiträge : 8

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:36 pm

Hi guys, I followed the steps to convert the cars, I can view the car ingame, but the top speed is 0, meaning that when I load a track, it kicks me out of the game. How do I fix this?
Back to top Go down
alex12

Anzahl der Beiträge : 274

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:53 pm

ctd --> TRACE FILE !!!

Last edited by alex12 on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Funfreak

Anzahl der Beiträge : 144

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Mon 28 Feb 2011, 4:00 pm

@ GTAce: I tried the LM600 too. But I only took 3 skins, and one of them worked. This problem, if I remember right, did I solve by changing the .hdc-file of the not working ones into the working ones or just by changing the tyre name in the hdc-file to a tyre type that already was in my folder.
This might also solve the 0kph problem, but I am not sure...
Hope I was able to help you a little bit.
Back to top Go down
bcfcdave

Anzahl der Beiträge : 334

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 11:00 pm

I've had a go at converting the 1971 AMC Javelin. I have the cars in the showroom but CTD on test drive

Trace says:

vehgfx.cpp 2520: Entered VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\GTC-TC-76\1971 AMC JAVELIN\71001\..\JAVELIN.CAS)

vehgfx.cpp 2552: Unable to read USERDATA\LOG\vehgen.scn: Error loading mesh file DRIVER_HELMET_STYLE01.GMT to memory

vehgfx.cpp 2607: Could not find instance "SLOT000"

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 506

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sun 06 Mar 2011, 2:24 am

bcfcdave wrote:
I've had a go at converting the 1971 AMC Javelin. I have the cars in the showroom but CTD on test drive

Trace says:

vehgfx.cpp 2520: Entered VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\GTC-TC-76\1971 AMC JAVELIN\71001\..\JAVELIN.CAS)

vehgfx.cpp 2552: Unable to read USERDATA\LOG\vehgen.scn: Error loading mesh file DRIVER_HELMET_STYLE01.GMT to memory

Any suggestions?

Alex (A. Talber) might be able to help: I know he got the Javelins working as i was getting ctd's with them too. Can't remember what he did though, too much stuff going on in my head! Laughing
Back to top Go down
dylan

Anzahl der Beiträge : 273

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sun 06 Mar 2011, 8:48 am

try changing graphic details in option...try full details
Back to top Go down
bcfcdave

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sun 06 Mar 2011, 9:56 am

Thanks guys

I solved it with Evo's help.

Change the .cas file so Talent & Stex files = .GTL and remove the rain screen bit! Now got the '69 & '71 Javs running in GTL, with the '70 to do later today.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
E3G

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sun 13 Mar 2011, 6:00 pm

Hi guys

wonder if you could assist. What does the following mean? I have tried everything to get it to work, but no luck. Doesnt also show n the showroom.

vehgfx.cpp 2520: Entered VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\24H\VIPER COMPETITION COUPE TEAMS\DODGEZILLA\VIPER_DRAG.CAS)
vehgfx.cpp 2552: Unable to read USERDATA\LOG\vehgen.scn: Error loading mesh file VIPER_COMP_CHASSIS_COLLISION.GMT to memory

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Ron123 [MRS]

Anzahl der Beiträge : 390

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sun 13 Mar 2011, 6:07 pm

you have no file called VIPER_COMP_CHASSIS_COLLISION.GMT
Back to top Go down
E3G

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sun 13 Mar 2011, 6:20 pm

Hi Ron

I checked and all the files needed are present. Is t possible for one f the converting guru's to convert the dragster mod from GTR to GTL? THis would be purely for personal use.

no luck for me thus far. I get the below errors regularly:

vehgfx.cpp 2552: Unable to read USERDATA\LOG\vehgen.scn: Error loading global material WC_TEAM_BODY1_PA

Thansk for your help with this
Back to top Go down
AHTOAH

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sun 13 Mar 2011, 7:53 pm

E3G wrote:
Hi Ron

I checked and all the files needed are present. Is t possible for one f the converting guru's to convert the dragster mod from GTR to GTL? THis would be purely for personal use.

no luck for me thus far. I get the below errors regularly:

vehgfx.cpp 2552: Unable to read USERDATA\LOG\vehgen.scn: Error loading global material WC_TEAM_BODY1_PA

Thansk for your help with this

Check for the GENERICManufacturer_BODY1.DDS file (it can be 1x1pixels) in the *.gtl files.
Where Manufacturer is from the *.cas file.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonybenev.ml
E3G

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 5:30 pm

Hi again

I have had a look and cannot find the file suggested. I guess this is a lost cause?

thanks for the replies guys, really much appreciated
Back to top Go down
bcfcdave

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:12 am

Never a lost cause, more liek trial and error !

In the .cas file see if there is a section called 'rain screen' if there is delete it.

And have you dropped the TALENT & STEX files into the Mod folder?

If you get really stuck upload the Mod file and we can have a look.
Back to top Go down
E3G

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:26 am

I think it might not be a complete download.

I went through the cas and car files, there's alot of stuff missing.

How do I upload it so you could perhaps have a look at it? Maybe im missing something
Back to top Go down
AHTOAH

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:43 am

E3G wrote:
Hi again

I have had a look and cannot find the file suggested. I guess this is a lost cause?

thanks for the replies guys, really much appreciated

Obviously this is the problem - the file is missing, you can take it from another car and import it in the *_obj.GTL file for example (of course renamed according to your car Manufacturer), or to create this tiny DDS yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonybenev.ml
E3G

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:48 am

would you perhaps mind to have a look at this file? I downloaded it from nogrip
Back to top Go down
E3G

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 15 Mar 2011, 10:15 am

Ahtoah,

here is the link. I am unable to reply to PM as our firewall blocks a few features.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=25464

and the track....
Drag strip -> http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=4346
update -> http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=19982

much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Verbatim123

Anzahl der Beiträge : 135

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sun 20 Mar 2011, 7:20 pm

This 'rain screen' is(was)a big bad-ass!Remove it and more than one million mods are working just fine...but sadly there is another million mods without rain screen and its hard to get them work sometimes.
Is there another big step like looking rain screen to fix it?

Back to top Go down
bcfcdave

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:16 pm

You always need to stick the STEX & TALENT files in the mod folder. That is an easy one to forget!
Back to top Go down
BOOROCK

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Mon 04 Apr 2011, 11:26 pm

i have another issue.i did everything accordingly to instructions.i have talent and stex files in my mod folder and i removed rain screen(and dirt screen also just in case) then vois la!it worked.i took the lambo in the example to a test drive(not buying the car) but whenever i finish test drive and after pressing esc the game gets a ctd.what did i do wrong or what should i do?
anyway any help would be appreciated.thx...

EDIT : I also had downloaded group-c cars before from this forum which is an gtr2/gtl conversion and i realised that those cars doesn't appear in the test drive section.they just only be playable in races and champs.maybe my problem is somehow related to that?
Back to top Go down
bcfcdave

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:56 am

Advice for any CTD is run a trace fiile. It will usually tell you what caused the problem. If you cannot resolve it post teh trace file on here, soemone will be able to work it out.

To get the Group C cars in the showroom I think you have to assign them all to a recognised class (eg GTC-TC-76) in the .car files. I doubt that is the cause of your CTD though.
Back to top Go down
CaptainHarlock

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:39 pm

I've been having problems with a conversion I did of the Volvo 850 Estate and S40 from the GTR2 conversion of Volvo The Game. These are only for my personal use. The problem is that in hood/bonnet view I have no hood, and you can see right into the engine compartment. Here's what I mean;

The cars work in every other regard, and this only happens in cockpit and hood view. So far I haven't been able to find a solution. I posted this over in the support forum, but I though I'd post it here as it's directly related to this topic. If there are any suggestions feel free to let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   

Back to top Go down

How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next