Google

Share | 

How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
abbo90

Anzahl der Beiträge : 8

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:55 am

you can try to see if in the .car file there is this string set to 0
FrontWheelsInCockpit=0
Back to top Go down
LaZanzaraRombante

Anzahl der Beiträge : 310

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Mon 13 Aug 2012, 9:24 am

hello you continue to see the Ferrari 330 GTL but for us fans live in the hope of a relase of this coveted machine pale Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.simracingvintage.it/
alain62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1061

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Fri 19 Oct 2012, 2:17 pm

bcfcdave wrote:
You always need to stick the STEX & TALENT files in the mod folder. That is an easy one to forget!

Hi bcfcdave,

In each mod folder or in the Gamedata/Team folder ? scratch
And what to do when there is a "SOMETHING"_TALENT.GTR file (sometimes, there is only the STEX.GTR file, sometimes both STEX and TALENT.GTR file) in the mod folder ?
Shall I convert this "SOMETHING"_TALENT.GTR file to .GTL too, or each file that contains "talent" must stay ".GTR" Question
Thanks in advance,
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3314
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:59 pm

They can all go in the Team folder so that they can be accessed by any other mod needing them.

The SOMETHING"_TALENT.GTR can stay in the main folder of the mod it is named after as it will only be needed by that mod.

Gee
Back to top Go down
alain62

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:00 pm

Aahhh, understood now.
Thanks Gordon. Very Happy
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
T-Devil

Anzahl der Beiträge : 28

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Fri 02 Nov 2012, 4:52 am

Hallo Freunde und auch dir EvolutionFQ , du schreibst dein englisch ist böse meines ist noch böser , LOL !
Hab aber verstanden was du mit deinem Tutorial versucht hast zu erklären.
Es gibt den Volvo P1800 mod für GTL allerdings nicht den Kombis den bekommt man nur im Retro Expansions mod für GTR2. Da ich aber zurzeit GTL Fahre wollte ich den auch haben und hab mich an dein Tutorial gehalten.
Muß echt sagen SUPER und herzlichen dank dafür ,man brauche ca 10min und das ganze Fahrzeug Fährt in GTL!
Da der Mod von Trackaholics (Ron123) ist würde ich bei ihnen nachfragen ob ich ihn zum Download anbieten darf ,wenn von eurer Seite Interesse besteht,wenn nicht bleibt er meiner ,LOL !

Grüße T-Devil!

Hello, friends and also you EvolutionFQ, you write yours in English mine is nastily is even worse, LOL!
However, has understood what you with your Tutorial has tried to explain(declare).
There is Volvo P1800 mod for GTL, however, not to the estate cars him one agrees only in the Retro Expansions mod for GTR2. Because I, however, at the moment GTL Driving also wanted to have I him and have kept to your Tutorial.
Must say really REALLY and hearty thanks to for it, one needs(requires) approx. 10min and the whole vehicle(vessel) Driving in GTL!
Because the Mod of Trackaholics (Ron123) is I would ask with them whether I may offer him to the download if from your side interest exists(consists) if not he remains mine, LOL!

Greetings T-Devil!

Back to top Go down
http://transportgigant.de.tl
Ron123 [MRS]

Anzahl der Beiträge : 390

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sat 03 Nov 2012, 12:36 am

Im sure somebody already released my version for GTL on here T-Devil maybe someone can post to say if they did or not?
Back to top Go down
alain62

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sat 03 Nov 2012, 9:59 am

Hi Ron and T-Devil,

Here is the link : http://www.evolution-modding.com/t559-volvo-p1800es-retro-expansion-pack-by-simbin-for-gtl

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
tino008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 44

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:39 am

big thanks,this tutorial was a big help,allready converted 20 cars in 2 days,cannot stop...ha dsome physics and sound problems,but took care of it...for my use offcourse...Smile
Back to top Go down
dude86

Anzahl der Beiträge : 22

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 05 Mar 2013, 3:37 pm

I have some issues with converting. I have some converted gtr2 mods, but all those .gtr files are type gtl. I just ask how to change a file type? I have change filename to .gtl, but file type is still gtr and the mod ain't work. I see car in list and can even buy it, but there is just an invisible car. Trace file are telling to me that there is some error opening a certain file.

So I do something wrong and need some help please.
Back to top Go down
ville33

Anzahl der Beiträge : 216

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 05 Mar 2013, 3:54 pm

for me it did same thing on windows 7 even geditor didn´t change it
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Anzahl der Beiträge : 379

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 05 Mar 2013, 7:19 pm

You need to rename .GTR to .GTL, the files themselves and also in the .cas file, upper part.

You also need to edit every .car file you want to convert: Classes="SIM_FULL, SIM_GTC" are the minimum you need to edit.

If you want to race your new car with the 60s cars you need to add SIM_GTC65.

If you want to race your new car with the 70s cars you need to add SIM_GTC76.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:32 pm

dude86 wrote:
I have some issues with converting. I have some converted gtr2 mods, but all those .gtr files are type gtl. I just ask how to change a file type? I have change filename to .gtl, but file type is still gtr and the mod ain't work. I see car in list and can even buy it, but there is just an invisible car. Trace file are telling to me that there is some error opening a certain file.

So I do something wrong and need some help please.

You did nothing wrong at all you just didn't realise that first you have to instruct the PC to allow files to be converted.

Go to your Folder Options/View and scroll down to where it says Hide Extensions for known file types un-click the box now click on Apply to all folders and now you should be able to change them.

Have fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dude86

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 8:59 am

Thank you very much! I still have a problem with Caterham 440hp, but some users did't get it work in GTR2. Some other mod works fine.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 2:44 pm

All of the Caterham's from GTR2 convert to GTL you just have to make sure that if you make them as a separate mod that you need all of the files to run it such as the .cas, .grb, .eng, .hdc, .dmg, 2007_Caterham_CSR.tyr, GTRSTEX, GTRTALENT, STEX_CATER.GTR, TALENT.GTR etc.

If it still doesn't work then make a 'trace' file and post it here. Please delete any lines that repeat themselves as seeing it one time is enough please.

How to do a trace file (thanks to Splitert): http://www.evolution-modding.com/t113-how-to-create-trace-file?highlight=trace

Please note that where he says 1000 lines just 50 is the amount you only need to put in.

Gee cheers
Back to top Go down
dude86

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 4:25 pm

It is a separate mod and I have't seen it converted like csr200, csr260, csr320 csr420. It's csr440 with inline 6 engine.

Thanks again, there was a file missing and it ain't the only mod.

Mercedes CLK-LM did't have .tyr file so I had to take it from Porsche GT1 and change a tire brand line in .hdc file.

I guess I have learned someting.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 7:29 pm

Well it's good that you want to learn so good on yer m8!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DBR

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:56 am

Hopefully someone can lend me their expertise here, but has anyone ever converted a car from GTR2 and the gauges in cockpit are non-existent? These aren't motecs, but plain old needle gauges.

Any help is appreciated,
DBR
Back to top Go down
MOF

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1975

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Fri 08 Mar 2013, 7:31 am

What needs to be done, generally, is to move any instructions in the 'Actor=VEHICLE' stanza (such as speedo and tacho) from the 'MOTEC' area to the 'COCKPIT' area.

I just copy the pertinent data from one area to another, leaving the original info alone. Don't know if deleting the info copied from motec to cockpit would work; never tried.
Back to top Go down
DBR

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:15 am

Thanks MOF, I never thought of that. Perhaps I'll try also deleting the MOTEC lines (with a backup file of course Smile ) and see what happens as well.

Has anyone ever gotten a MOTEC to work successfully in GTL? I've always wondered what would have to be done to get one to work.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:47 pm

I'm quite sure that it hasn't been achieved yet. Sad
Back to top Go down
DBR

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Sat 09 Mar 2013, 12:38 am

Thanks again MOF, your advice worked! Very Happy As it also turns out, if the required lines are copied to the cockpit segment, the MOTEC segment is no longer required (not that it matters any though).

On a side note, I was having a root around in the player file today and did see a line that read something like "SHOW MoTeC IN COCKPIT=1". Perhaps this means that it was planned to allow for the inclusion of MOTEC support at a later date? Or perhaps this line references the lap timer and gear readout box.

p.s. I also saw lines which allowed for rear wheels, wing, etc. to be seen in the mirrors. Filled with nostalgia from GPL I thought perhaps this would be similar and something cool for Loose Ether's F1 67 mod. For those who may think to try this in the future, don't bother, it looks god awful. Sad
Back to top Go down
dude86

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:33 pm

I converted VW Golf 1 GTI mod, but it was a wrong one. Does anyone have beta 4 version, because VR6 biturbo based on it? I can't find that mod anywhere. I don't have skills to convert it to work with beta 5 or v1.1. If someone wants to make it work, then we would have a monster Golf mk1.
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1434

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Thu 28 Mar 2013, 8:01 pm

Do you mean this one?
Back to top Go down
dude86

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:31 am

I can't remember, if it is 4WD turbo. Do you have it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]   

Back to top Go down

How to convert..... GTR2 cars to GTL [TUTORIAL]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next